|Below is a
list of books that are relevant to Atlanta Puppet's Circus Berzerkus program. The list is
quite long and includes many Non-Fiction titles found in the juvenile category of most
libraries. Check to see if you have these titles in your classroom collection, your school
library or media center, or go to your local library's web page and use their book catalog
We have purposely focused on Non-Fiction titles in
the list. The recent interest in the "Harry Potter" line of books has increased
demand for fiction and fantasy titles. This is certainly very encouraging, but it should
also be noted that Non-Fiction works provide practice in reading skills that require
retention in order to follow the directions and instructions that are often provided in
As an educator, we think you will agree that being able to follow
instructions is key to any child's development.
The craft projects in the books listed can be conducted as a class
room activity or outside of school with the student's friends. The projects also present
an excellent way to engage a student's family to work together in completion of a shared
The list includes titles for Puppet Making, Mask Making, Costume
Making, Paper Crafts, Doll Making, Toy Theaters, Theatre, and Drawing Techniques.
Navigation of the list is by scrolling the page with your cursor.
1. Crafty puppets / by Thomasina Smith.
2. I can make Puppets / written and photographed by Mary Wallace.
3. I want to be a puppeteer / Ivan Bulloch & Diane James ; [photography, Fiona
Pragoff ; illustrations, Debi Ani].
4. Make your own performing puppets / Teddy Cameron Long.
5. One-person puppet plays / Denise Anton Wright ; illustrated by John Wright.
6. Plenty of puppets to make / written by Robyn and Lauren Supraner ; illustrated
by Renzo Barto.
7. Puppets / Lyndie Wright; consultant: Henry Pluckrose; photography: Chris
8. Puppets and masks / Nan Rump.
9. Remo Bufano's book of puppetry / edited and compiled by Arthur Richmond ;
drawings by Remo Bufano.
10. Simple puppets you can make / Jennifer MacLennan.
1. Crafty masks / by Thomasina Smith.
2. Easy to make monster masks and disguises / written and illustrated by Frieda
3. Great masks to make / written by Robyn Supraner ; illustrated by Renzo Barto.
4. Make-up monsters / by Marcia Lynn Cox.
5. Make your own costumes and disguises / written by Judith Conaway ; illustrated
by Renzo Barto.
6. Masks / devised and illustrated by Clare Beaton.
1. 101 costumes for all ages, all occasions / by Richard Cummings ;
illustrated by Opal Jackson.
2. American Indian clothes and how to make them / Alex Whitney ; illustrated by
Marie and Nils Ostberg.
3. Clothes / Brenda Ralph Lewis.
4. Costume / written by L. Rowland-Warne.
5. The costume book / by Joseph Leeming ; drawings by Hilda Richman.
6. Costumes / by Kevin K. Casey.
7. Costumes / devised and illustrated by Clare Beaton.
8. Costumes and clothes / Jean Cooke.
9. The dressing up book : lots of ideas for amazing hats, masks, and costumes / by
Wendy Baker ; written and edited by Diane James ; still-life photographs by Jon Barnes ;
photographs of children by Fiona Pragoff.
10. Easy costumes you don't have to sew / by Goldie Taub Chernoff ; costumes
designed and illustrated by Margaret A. Hartelius.
11. Easy to make costumes / written and illustrated by Frieda Gates.
12. Make your own costumes and disguises / written by Judith Conaway ; illustrated
by Renzo Barto.
1. 50 nifty paper crafts / written by Holly Hebert.
2. 50 ways to have fun with old newspapers / Bill Severn ; illustrated by Elizabeth
Green and William Sobolewski.
3. Art from paper : with projects using waste paper and printed materials / Gillian
Chapman & Pam Robson.
4. Building with paper / E. Richard Churchill ; illustrated by James Michaels.
5. Fun with paper / written by Robyn Supraner ; illustrated by Renzo Barto.
6. Holiday paper projects / E. Richard Churchill ; illustrated by James Michaels.
7. How to have fun with paper / Stewart Cowley.
8. Models / Helen and Peter McNiven ; with photographs by Chris Fairclough.
9. Moving art / Hilary Devonshire ; photograph, Chris Fairclough.
10.Papercrafts around the world / by Phyllis Fiarotta and Noel Fiarotta.
11. Papercrafts : origami, papier-mache, and collage / by Judith Hoffman Corwin.
1. Country cross-stitch designs / by Ellen Stouffer.
2. Dollhouse dolls & their clothes / Barbara Marsten, & Tina Bliss.
3. How to make doll clothes : a book for daughters, mothers, & grandmothers /
written and illustrated by Emily R. Dow.
4. Rag dolls and how to make them / edited by Dorothea Hall
1. Toy theaters / Lyndie Wright ; consultant, Henry Pluckrose ;
photography, Chris Fairclough.
1. Looking at theater / by Robin May.
2. Rosie backstage / written by Amanda Lewis and Tim Wynne-Jones ; illustrated by
3. Stage and screen / Ian Graham.
4. Putting on a play : the young playwright's guide to scripting, directing, and
performing / Nancy Bentley and Donna Guthrie ; illustrated by Katy Keck Arnsteen
1. Draw 50 airplanes, aircraft, & spacecraft / Lee J. Ames.
2. Draw 50 athletes / Lee J. Ames.
3. Draw 50 beasties and yugglies and turnover uglies and things that go bump in the
night / Lee J. Ames.
4. Draw 50 cars, trucks, and motorcycles / Lee J. Ames.
6. Draw 50 cats / by Lee J. Ames.
7. Draw 50 creepy crawlies / Lee J. Ames with Ray Burns.
8. Draw 50 horses / Lee J. Ames.
9. Draw 50 monsters, creeps, superheroes, demons, dragons, nerds, dirts, ghouls,
giants, vampires, zombies, and other curiosa ... / Lee J. Ames.
10. Draw 50 sharks, whales, and other sea creatures / Lee J. Ames with Warren Budd.
11. Draw fantasy : dragons, centaurs & other mythological characters / by Shari
Cohen ; illustrated by Frank Dixon.
12. Ed Emberley's Big green drawing book.
13. Ed Emberley's Picture pie : a circle drawing book.
14. How to draw cats / written and illustrated by Janet Rancan.
15. How to draw horses and ponies / written and illustrated by Frank C. Smith.
16. How to draw insects / Christine Smith.
17. How to draw sea creatures / written and illustrated by Barbara Soloff-Levy.
18. How to draw wild animals / by Christine Smith.
19. I can draw animals / by Ray Gibson.
20. I can draw comics and cartoons / by Frank C. Smith.
21. I can draw People / by Gill Speirs.
22. Learn to draw 3-D / by Doug DuBosque.
23. The magic pear : twelve outline drawing lessons with directions for the
amusement of little folks / Morgan J. Sweeney.
24. Painting and coloring dinosaurs / by Isidro S?anchez ; illustrations by Vicendc
Ballestar ; photographs by Juan Carlos Martinez.
25. Painting and drawing / by Diana Craig.